Thursday, April 26, 2012

Inspired By #21

I love this inspiration piece this week.  I love spring, I love tulips, especially white ones. 


This, once again, is open to so many interpretations.  You can use the flower like I have, the colors, a gradient, the sketch... I can't wait to see what you do.


For my project I took this garage sale wooden plaque:


I upcycled it to a seasonal decor piece.  Like I said I absolutely love white tulips.  I used the La Petite Paperie Basile papers by Carina Gardner, which are available at Jessica Sprague.  The solids (white and kraft) are from the Daisy Jane collection, also by Carina Gardner.  I cut the papers the size I wanted them, adhere them to a base with Glue Dots® and Glue Lines® then I added the stitching.  The yellow paper was stamped with a Unity stamp before adhering and the label (cut with Spellbinders) was misted with some Studio Calico Mr. Huey.  The tulip is from the Bee-Loved set by My Time Made Easy.  The title is cut with my Spring Slice cartridge then crimped with my crimper (haven't used that in awhile!).  Now the best part... I adhered it to the plaque with Removable Glue Dots® so that I can change the picture for the season/holiday!  I love that!  This is also for The Pink Elephant challenge - yellow.




I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots Design Team.

Now I can't wait to see what you do!  

Rules for Playing:

Create a NEW project for this challenge.
Be sure to link your blog with a direct link to the post you would like me to visit.
Please put a link on your post to this challenge.
Create a project with no more than 5 challenges including this challenge.
Feel free to use any crafting products you have!


6 comments:

itsallrosi said...

great upcycling of the plaque!

1CardCreator said...

Love how you upcycled it and love the white tulips too! Looks like a fun challenge!

Rose said...

beautiful upcycling :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, this is just beautiful! What a fabulous transformation of that garage sale plaque! Love, love this gorgeous spring scene. I bet it looks amazing in your house!

Jessi Fogan said...

Gorgeous - and brilliant upcycling! Love the idea of changing it for the seasons as well :)

lauren bergold said...

...did you just say "REMOVABLE glue dots"??!?!??! holy WOW! that's such a GREAT idea, and especially for a gorgeous decor item like your beautiful tulips... sooooooooo very cool that it can also be changed seasonally... and yet without ruining or covering the tulips... you are just SO BRILLIANT!!! ♥

(i am MUCH LESS so... i made my lovely tulip card over the weekend but saved it for SOS this morning... and then FORGOT TO LINK TO YOU in the post!!! i've updated now, and publicly apologized, missus!!!) (DUH, sorry!!!) :) :) :)